Solved! How to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

Jan 27, 2021
Looked for a desktop discussion, but couldn't find one. My new desktop is slated to arrive tomorrow. Is there a "best" way to make it look like Windows 7. I absolutely loathe Windows 10. I found a step-by-step instruction by digitaltrends.com, but it's 10+ pages. Anybody done this? Any suggestions?

I used to agree with you but having used Windows 10 for a while now, I would never go back to 7. I do agree there are a few features that feel like a step backward, but I"m happy overall. There are tweaks that can do as you request, but bear in mind it's kind of bucking a continuing trend. I'm not trying to be contradictory, but I'm afraid you would be fighting a continual battle as Windows 10 continues to evolve. Best of luck!

Jan 27, 2021
Continuing "trends" don't concern me much. I have used my current Windows 7 PC for 9+ years, the last 6 years with Autoupdate turned off. If it weren't for the CPU overtemp fan spinning up 6-8 times a day and the squealing power supply fan, I would continue using the old, dependable PC.
I spend 80-90% of my time in Word or Excel (Office 2007).
A simple computer does everything I need it to. The fancy social media, video streaming, and gaming bells and whistles just get in my way and cost a lot of money for things I do not need.

Reactions: Hydra119