How to merge file together in windows 8?

crazy2011gamer

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
so im doing some zombie maps and i have to put like the same folders but its an upadte and i have to merge them but it doesnt it jsut make it like this, file, file (2)

i need them to merge how can i do this? and there are a lot of files thanks

crazy2011gamer

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

sorry i was in a rush. so basically i need to update some files in a folder that are the exact same thing with same name and they need to MERGE not make a copy and put both in same folder. sorry if im still not clear enough

Pinhedd

Distinguished

If this is run on a UNIX based operating system you can simply concatenate them like so `cat inputfile_0 inputfile_1 ... inputfile_n > outputfile` but there's no native way to do that on Windows as it's not considered a good practice for most applications.

If the files are text based you can open them up in an editor such as Notepad++ and append the contents of one file to the other.

If the files are binary based, you've most likely read the instructions incorrectly. Appending binary data is a terrible practice. It's likely that the folder should be merged, and any preexisting files should be overwritten with newer versions.

crazy2011gamer

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

how do i fix this error! please help. http://i.imgur.com/Wavw6LN.png

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Talk to whomever made that crappy application

crazy2011gamer

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

:heink: i cant really because i got it from zombiemodding.com and i dont know who to message and i kinda need to fix this. some people said its because it requires net framework 3.5 and i have 4.5 so idk

Pinhedd

Distinguished

.NET 3.x is an extension to .NET 2.0, whereas .NET 4.x is a whole new beast. You can have both installed at the same time. You can try running the .NET 3.5 installer but normally if it's missing it will notify you rather than crash outright.

crazy2011gamer

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

yeah all it does is say that WindowsFormApplication1 has stopped working and is checking for a solution to the problem then closes right away

Pinhedd

Distinguished

You will need to talk to whomever designed that application. They couldn't even be bothered to name it properly so I can only assume that it was written by an amateur.