How to move apps to your SD card, or set the SD card as the default download location

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericola

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jericola : "How do i set my apps to download directly to my sd card on a lg optimus?"

So I want to get a large app on my lg optimus but i do not have enough space on my internal storage. On my sd card I have lots of space but I need to download things on my internal storage before I can move it to my sd card. Can anyone help me?

Gwegowy

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Gwegowy : "How do I set games/apps form Google play directly to Sd card on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime"

I bought a 32 GB SD card but my phone keeps saing my storage is full

JosGarstman

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from JosGarstman : "how to set default download location of all apps to SD card on LG G4c"

i need help pleseseaseeseae

Jeevapssai

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

Ahmed pest

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ahmed pest : "how do i move internal memory apps to external sd card on my galaxy ace"

how can i install apps on my galaxy ace external memory

syed ahmad murtaza

Commendable
May 10, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from syed ahmad murtaza : "How can I set my default storage to SD card in s5?"

device memory full now sd card should get things

DevaDhatrak

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DevaDhatrak : "how to move apps to SD card if there is not optuo. of move to SD card in settings"

Plzz Guys Say Me How To Move Apps To SD Card If I Don't Have Move To SD Card option My ph is Micromax Canvas Juice 2 aq5001 plzzz help me I need help I can't download bigger games

Richard Olga

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
You need to rely on third party apps to transfer your app data or particular app to SD card. As mentioned above i do agree with the solution given by tomesguide. So refer above steps and get your problem resolved.

Thanks

alexandrew74

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Stuck on moving to SDcard

I have Alcatel 5054D with a nonrooted Lollipop (5.1.1) on board. I tried to move some apps to SDcard by pressing "Move to SDcard". Some of these apps moved successfully and some stuck in "Moving" state. Uninstall button also stays inactive like the moving process is still working. I tried to reinstall these stuck apps, but they still show "Moving" instead of "Move to SDcard/telephone". Clearing cache, wiping /cache, switching default storage in both ways and rebooting the phone doesn't help either. I do not understand if apps are still in the phone memory or on the card.

Link2Sd doesn't work on non-rooted phones, it simply opens system app window.

Any suggestions?

Courtney_9

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Courtney_9 : "Storage full but sd card empty how to move internal storage to sd"

I have a ZTE Atrium Android and I put a 32 GB SD card in it, but it's telling me that my storage is full. My sd card is empty. How do I move data, pictures ect. from internal storage to my SD card

Richard Olga

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
It depends on the smartphone to smartphone actually. Every smartphone have different way of changing storage phone to SD card. Even i faced same issue with my HTC desire 601. And my bad luck it actually does not have any option to make my SD card as my default storage.

Otherwise, you can go to setting and storage option where you can change your default location easily.

Best Of Luck :)

Rachel_56

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Rachel_56 : "Whrn i down load an app how do I have it ditevtly go to my sd card"

I hsd to factory reset my phone because i t wouldn't let me transfer apps to sd card.though said they were. Memory wss full. So noe want know when adding app hoe to send to sd carf so knmot go through this again

saad_18

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from saad_18 : "Rivo Phantom Pz8"

How to download apps from Google Play and install them directly to my SD card on my Rivo Phantom Pz8

Sheldon_3

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Sheldon_3 : "how do you download large apps,such as games,into my sd card? I have an Asus ZenFone 2e"

I have an Asus ZenFone 2E that has an internal storage of 8GB. I've downloaded apps that consumed my internal storage. So I bought a 64GB and wanted to download the game Mortal Kombat X.But I get messages telling me I have insufficient storage. So I watched all kinds of videos that has this problem but I doesn't help. So please help me. I hate to reboot my phone.

Marcus_35

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Marcus_35 : "Move apps to sd card for the Android device 5.1.1"

Wont let me send apps to sd card but only used 9 out of 32gb i need my memory can any one help its boost mobile service if matters or helps

Chris-31

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
You are better of bringing it to one of the phone fixing shops I just got my done it only took 5 mins this page wanted me to download this an that

abdul_50

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016

Christopher_124

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Christopher_124 : "i have a zte paragon how to move apps to sd"

How too move apps on a zte paragon to SD card

Cathy_12

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016

Selibona Nyaa

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Selibona Nyaa : "How to set default download location to external SD Card on Samsung J5"

Im am failing to set the external SD Card as the default download location on my Samsung J5, please help. All my Whatsaap downloads go to phone memory, and I want to change that to SD Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.