How to move apps to your SD card, or set the SD card as the default download location

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tannistha

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tannistha : "I have enough space left on my phn.. My sd is detected bt still i cant record audio or can take screenshots n cant even dwnloa"

Though enough space left but still i cant record audio in whatsapp cant take screenshot and cant even dwnload any images or videos ..though sd card is detected

Lisa_120

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Lisa_120 : "Tired of seeing low storage notifications."

Trying to download more games but keep getting message saying low storage space. It says my SD card has no apps. Should I move my games to the SD card or other apps? I don't really know what I'm doing. Just trying to play some games. Bored. Lol.

Muhammad_153

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Muhammad_153 : "Hello dear I'm in a tribal because my device storge has been full and now i want active my sd card for app and media files do"

My mobile is Samsung j5

Haopterke

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Uh, if you want to move data between differe device , before doing so , you'd better backup data to computer for backup , in this way you can protect the data

Areesha_1

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Areesha_1 : "How to transfer internal storage to SD card in samsung galaxy j5 (2015) ???"

I watched many youtube video related to transfer internal storage to SD card but in those videos ,he teached how to transfer but the main reason is that my smart phone (samsung j5 2015) has no option of (change to sd card )
Please solve my problem .....
I shall be very thankful to you!!!

Amber_39

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Amber_39 : "How do I set default download location of all apps to my SD card for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge"

I am trying to figure out how to keep my apps transferred to my SD card I go in manually transfer each one and then somehow for some reason I go back in there and they're not on the SD card anymore they're on my internal memory how can I set it so that my SD card is the main location for my downloads. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from AT&T

Jasonson4

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jasonson4 : "How do I transfer my apps from internal to ad card on my Huawei H1611 phone"

I'm trying to transfer my game apps from internal storage to SD card.

Jasonson4

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jasonson4 : "How do I transfer my apps from internal to ad card on my Huawei H1611 phone"

I'm trying to transfer my game apps from internal storage to SD card.

debra1fitz

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from debra1fitz : "How to transfer data to extra memory card on an Alcatel 4060A"

MERGED QUESTION
Question from debra1fitz : "Extra memory card"

No memory left on phone, even though I have installed an extra memory card. The memory card is empty. How to I transfer APS to the extra card.

Nice boi

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Nice boi : "How do you move apps on the honor lite 8"

How do you move apps on the honor lite 8. I cant seem to move. All of the aps goes to the internal storage. When i use a third party apl, it doesnt show.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ice Princess 60 : "How to set sd card as default download on Kyocera Hydro Shore??"

Well, first the phone needs to be running at least Android "Marshmallow". Second, you will need the instructions I am including below and third, you have to have a phone that manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on. If they have, then it won't work.

NOTE: If any of the steps are not on your device, or don't work for you, then the manufacturer probably restricted this option on that device.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

peterwjay

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from peterwjay : "how to install aps onto an sd card"

I want to install an app onto the sd card as ot is too big to go on the phone memory

Patmon

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Patmon : "How too transfer from phone storage too my I ternary sd card alcatel pixi the 4"

Transferring music on internal phone sd card on my alcatel pixi 4.5

Stephannie_1

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Stephannie_1 : "How to move internal storage to LG G6 SD Card"

I have a Android LG G6 i had them put in a 32 GB SD card when i bought it 2 weeks ago, i wanted lots of storage so i could have all my music offline and photos and games...i have had to delete apps because my storage is too full...can someone please help thank you.
Stephannie

gregoryzim

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from gregoryzim : "Transfer music files on LG G5 to external sd card"

Moving music fikes LG G5

Mazen8

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mazen8 : "How can i change my default storage on sd card my phone is oppa A33w"

Change defualt storage from internal storage to sd card on A33w

xs2sonia

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from xs2sonia : "Huawei Y6 Pro"

How to set default storage SD card in Y6 Pro Huawei

Status
Not open for further replies.