Question from Ice Princess 60 : "How to set sd card as default download on Kyocera Hydro Shore??"
Ice Princess 60 :
Same tissue issue of setting SD card as default download ...Hydro Shore was not listed.
Well, first the phone needs to be running at least Android "Marshmallow". Second, you will need the instructions I am including below and third, you have to have a phone that manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on. If they have, then it won't work.
NOTE: If any of the steps are not on your device, or don't work for you, then the manufacturer probably restricted this option on that device.
How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".
NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).
1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.
NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.
How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.
1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.
If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.