how to move pictures/files to sd card on LG android phone

Dianna66

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
How do I free up more space on internal phone space on my LG Android? I already moved allowable apps to external sd card but it didn't make much of a difference.

The only way would be to move any images, sounds, music and videos on the phone. Those can take up a lot of space. Especially larger high quality images and videos are serious space hogs. I would suggest moving them to your SD card or even to an external device (computer, laptop, cloud, etc.,) This should free up a lot of space.

If it does not, then some of your programs (the ones that were not able to move to the SD card) may be larger than you think, due to updates and more. Check any programs you installed yourself, that were immovable and see how much space they are using.

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
For moving anything other than apps, I use File Manager Pro, from the Google Play Store. Once downloaded and opened, it will show all the files and folders on both storages on your phone, just like on your computer (my old Dell has two hard drives). You will also have the option of creating new files and folders, moving, copying, deleting, etc. The interface is quite intuitive. Your internal storage will probably show up as "sdcard," while your micro-SD card will show as "external-sd." I have the option to show hidden files for more information. BTW, unless you root your device, there will be files listed that cannot be moved or deleted. They are part of the system.

DEE1968_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014