how to open .dml files

krysann

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
can someone please help me to open these files. I have no idea what they are, but I do know that I had loaded heaps of pix and files when I first got this drive. People have said it was a synchronizer but I have the box to say that it was also a HD. But that aside, is there anyway of opening these .dml files. Thanks.

Solution
Hmm. What software did you use? Did you just copy the file to the drive using the windows copy and paste tool, or did you put them in some kind of album manager?

What sizes are the files?

If you download irfanview (a very useful tool that can open images even if saved with the wrong extension), what do you get?

krysann

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Thank you SS. I think I am resigned to the fact that I have lost all the files that I had on this drive. I'd been following commentaries on this particular piece of equipment since around 2008 hoping to see something that will restore hope, but unfortunately, nothing has restored any confidence. I had loaded hundreds of photos to this drive and I can remember being so happy with the results all those years ago. But when I tried to access them last year ... hello ... I couldn't see anything!! Yesterday, I took the drive to a local computer so-called expert. He told me there was nothing there! I could see the .dml files, but who knows what they are? Thank you for your help. Cheers!

krysann

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

krysann

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
This is what I get when I open one of files with Notepad.

欜蓐췀涄৕仄쎏掰鹟磄�얨粅틤ফ䷛掽⦃ᦋ䓹컐쮬ꈎᾝ㈱﹗魣⠭눅鼮퓠置ᕩכ臶ᶫÜꦯ쨖璉彳桡舅䣸ꎁ螿滤堂佑흰繞誩額멬앜֗찦菗킋猔Ⳗ昘쎶�잁럇�넼࿖�1Ȃᨛ뒥儦怍㎮碡嶜札⚒屻켭鐙뤳⒳䑕ᎂ₥ꐜ⯩摢쉌垴鷐ᨻ㚮닆溲켌䓹슌좠ຼ餈