How to open my cd drive on my acer labtop

helpmee plz

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015
hi everyone I have a acer windows 8 labtop it looks exactly like an acer e 15 but idk if it is but here I go my disk tray does not have a button to open it I have searched threw the computer and I have found that it does have one, it has options for blu-ray dvd's and regular dvds so if u could please help me find out how to open it please and thank you

helpmee plz

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015
right click the windows icon and click search and I search dvd and I get option's to change auto play on Blu-ray and dvd's and stuff like that and the price idk I bought this second hand off of a friend

Which version of Windows are you running?

Left click your start button (Windows icon), then type 'device manager' in the search box. Then click on 'device manager' in the choices given. Scroll down to 'DVD/CD-ROM Drives', and double click on it. What does it show?

Just because you got options to change auto-play for DVDs, Blu-rays, and CDs is not an indication of an optical drive being present. I get the same settings on my little 11 inch ThinkPad, and it has no optical drive.

helpmee plz

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015
windows 8 does not show DVD/CD-ROM Drives but when I search DVD - Autoplay comes up I click it and it gives me settings for autoplay for DVD's Blu-rays Cds software games :/

I already explained that just because those settings show up, it doesn't mean you have an optical drive.

Look at the "tray" for the optical drive on your laptop. You already said it has no eject button, but does it have a tiny round hole in it? This hole is meant to open the drive to get a disk out of it in an emergency if it doesn't open. You would simply stick a paperclip in the hole and push it in to open the tray.

If Windows 8 device manager isn't showing DVD/CD-ROM drives, then you don't have one.

You're welcome. Optical disks have pretty much fallen out of favor these days, and omitting it helps the manufacturers cut costs. You and I are the dinosaurs, in that we still prefer to have an optical drive.

As a last resort, you could always just buy an inexpensive external drive.