How to play 2 separate audios on 2 separate playback devices

Jul 6, 2018
Is there a way to have 2 audio sources play at the same time on 2 separate playback devices?

I'm using a 64-bit Windows 8.1 with a samsung display as 1 monitor and an LG Smart TV as the second. My aim is to be able to play a movie file on the LG TV for the family and play games on the PC for myself.

My pc speakers and headphone are set together as the default device through Realtek High Definition Audio. The LG TV is connected via an hdmi cable to my nvidia card, so the smart tv is connected via NVIDIA High Definition Audio. My media player is an MPC-HC with K-Lite codecs. I have tested using the LG TV as the default device and it works flawlessly, but of course with the tv as the default device nothing plays on the pc speakers.

My question is: Is there a way for my computer to play audio on its own speakers while a separate audio source by way of a media player use the LG TV's speakers exclusively?

Jul 6, 2018

Thank you friend, this gave me the clue to solve the problem. To anyone who has the same problem and stumbles to this page, here's a more specific, step-by-step expansion of this fine person's answer.

You can change the Audio Renderer(the preferred audio device) of MPC-HC by going to Options > Playback > Output and under Audio Renderer select the audio-output you want, in my case LG TV. That way the media player uses the TV speakers exclusively while the computer uses whatever default speakers you are using.