Ivan Ivanov

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hi All

I need to read GPU load in my program.
All my search could find is that there is a special version of some nVidia API library and on top of that it's not free.

My program should run on any computer without the need to install some librarys or anything like that. Simply put, I need the functionality of GPU-Z.

I can guess that nVidia and ATi have different solutions, and if that's the case than I'll have to incorporate both of them in my program.
So please if somebody knows how I can do that, tell me :)

any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance! :)

GPU-Z does not give you the GPU load, it just tells you the chipset and functionality of the processor.

I can't think of any meter for a video card that is like the Performace tab in Windows where it gives you how much of the video card is working and what it's doing.

Ivan Ivanov

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

How about the second tab "Sensors", where it gives you the GPU clock, GRAM clock, temperatures, fan speeds, so on... There is GPU Load too, it shows even a small history. It's right before me as I write this. I even started a game to see if something will change, and it did. The time I was in the game the history shows almost maximum load. I'm talking about version 0.4.4, but 0.3.5 has that functionality too and I know that at least 3 immediate earlier versions have it too.

So TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.4.4 does give you the GPU Load and I want to incorporate this functionality in my program :)

Thanks for the replay anyway ;)

Must have not ever checked the tabs, good to know, I'm going to check on my systems with this.\

Why don't you give them a call and see if you can talk to someone in their development team and see what they used?

Altough they may not share, worth a shot.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
http://openhardwaremonitor.org/
http://code.google.com/p/open-hardware-monitor/

Open source, and in theory supports at least NVidia and ATI GPU info (doesn't say anything about Intel). You could browse through the source code and check how they are doing it.

Good luck!!

Ivan Ivanov

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

Ha! Pretty good Idea :) I don't think they'll share it too but it's worth trying. ;)
Thanks again!

Ivan Ivanov

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

:bounce:
Yesssss!!! That's a bull's eye! :D Man it seems that you completely solved my problems!! I was currently asking about GPU load but I was goning to need all the other stuff, temps, fan speeds etc..., and I thought to look for them separatelly, but now I won't have to!

Thank you very much! :)