How to record Mumble/Skype/ooVoo call participants voices into separate tracks?

Bryce Demar

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I record with a friend of mine and his mic level is to low for my recordings so if i turn up my overall audio then you cant hear him over the game so is there any way of record his mic audio into a separate track that i can later go into my video editor with and boost without having to have him send me a track of his voice and then me having to sync it up with his voice in the video. What i am most looking for is a way for dxtory to automatically record the game audio and his voice audio into separate tracks wile i can still hear my game and him through my own speakers. I MOSTLY USE MUMBLE TO CHAT WITH MY FRIENDS AND SOMETIMES USE OOVOO OR SKYPE.

Bryce Demar

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

This would be perfect except one issue when i play alone and a games sound is to loud then i just boost my voice in my video editor since I recorded it into a separate track but when it comes to my friends voice even after boosting it in a program like mumble or ts 3 what if after record on a new game lets say his voice is still drowned out by the game and i cant make the adjustment i might make to my own voice.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Ah ok I understand what you are getting at better. I don't any of any programs like this offhand but they are sure to exist, basically you will want something to record the mumble audio track separately from everything else, but as you said Syncing may be an issue. Does dxtory have the option to record separate audio tracks and say have one record mumble application (not say your microphone or speaker) but be a separate audio track from the rest?

Bryce Demar

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

Dxtory can record separate devises into separate audio tracks but not separate programs audio.