How to remove pip on tv

mhiter

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I have a Sony Trinitron XBR tv. I cannot remove the pip. I have a universal remote and not the original remote. The remote has a pip button that makes the pip larger or smaller but does not turn off the pip function. Unplugging the TV does not help. I cannot get the pip function on the Comcast remote to do anything whatsoever. Any help for me out there anywhere?

mhiter

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I appreciate the answer. However if I could find a Sony remote I wouldn't have needed to ask the question. Does anyone have any other suggestions.

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
With a Comcast remote. Push the "TV" button at the top then push the help button. You will see the pip size change from big to small. Do it again and it will turn off.

RainbowMoogle

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

I had a Panasonic T.V. with the same problem. To get rid of it, I turned the T.V. off; and while turning it back on, I held the power button and the action button (menu/settings button) at the same time for three seconds (try holding it for a bit more if 3 seconds isn't changing anything).
Hope this helps. :)

Jaiii

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

AFTER U PUSH THE HELP BUTTON HOW DO YOU GET THE VIDEO TO SHOW IN THAT BLACK BOX.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 5
W Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 2