How To Replace A Broken Laptop or Notebook Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Words cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for your writing this walk through. As a college student, I cannot afford to buy a new computer or a new display because it's the only thing wrong with my laptop. Seriously, thank you SO much. Now to actually implement your advice...

G

hey, thanks, not sure if its handy yet but its kept me optimmistic. i don't suppose it would take less than 5 days if you live in Australia would it?

G

to fix the notebook screen i mean. :) mine is smashed from the inside out, only on the left hand side... balls flying places... keep away from laptops. lol..no its not a laughing matter actually. my model s a toshiba Satellite M200/L200 and my manual doesn't tell me how much my screen resolution is. would they have it?

G

you rock! thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the guide. won't my husband be so happy and proud of me for repairing his laptop as good as new. this was so much easier than anticipated and obviously cheaper than a new laptop. sheesh. great job and thanks a lot!

G

I tried to download the instructional video but the link failed.

G

same, i tried the link, but the link failed. anyone got an alternative link? PLS!

G

almost a year ago, i fell asleep with my laptop on the bed..
a friend staying with us had said the night before, "isnt that going to fall"
"nah, im used to it"

true enough.. next morning i had kicked it off my bed and now..
the screen colours are "inverted" and theres huge black splotches across the screen

its a relatively old Dell latitude x200

is it worth it getting a new screen and everything?

G

thats the same thing that happened to me except my sister stepped on my laptop and i have those same huge black splotches and my parents dont know about it so is there any way it can be replaced for about 200 bucks

and its a Gateway laptop i got it for my bithday so pleeasse help

G

I figured I would buy a replacement LCD screen from this company since there was a video telling how to do the work.

Wow--I thought for sure I could do the work, but I can't even view or download the video. Gotta have that before I'll buy.

Any help out there? What am I doing wrong?

G

I got the same problem. I got a Sony VGN-FZ340E and it's broken from the inside out in the screen, although it's still usable, there's a black line across the screen. Can this be replaced?

G

Is that the absolute cheapest i can get a new display? the Govt doesnt pay real well...lol! and i dont have the slightest clue on how to work on computers...if anyone has any tips or advice for a computer noob...it would be greatly appreciated!

G

wow I agree with all that this guide saved me. ordered a cheap screen from r3electronics.com and it was easy to install. another win for tomsguide. now I just have to keep my laptop away from the kids lol

laptopaid

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hi,

I totally agree with this article, but I think replacing and repairing your laptop is much cheaper and can be totally fun since it add knowledge to you. In addtional to this one you should also look for a site/store that is credible.

LaptopAid.com

Status
Not open for further replies.