How to save pictures and videos to memory card on my galaxy Note8

pinepurvis

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I want to save the pictures and videos in my gallery to my memory card. So that I can move more pictures and videos to this new phone from my old phone.

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1. You can use the phones File Management app (or install one if you don't have one) and through that app move files from the phone to the card.

2. You can move them over via a USB cord (as mentioned above). You would connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and then use that as a means to move the files from the phone to the card. Personally I would suggest backing up a copy to the computer so you have it should the phone die, be stolen, etc.

You may also want to just move the photos over to a computer, or even a cloud account, rather than the card, and save new pictures you create to the card. This would be done in the settings of the camera app, setting it to save the images to the card.

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1. You can use the phones File Management app (or install one if you don't have one) and through that app move files from the phone to the card.

2. You can move them over via a USB cord (as mentioned above). You would connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and then use that as a means to move the files from the phone to the card. Personally I would suggest backing up a copy to the computer so you have it should the phone die, be stolen, etc.

You may also want to just move the photos over to a computer, or even a cloud account, rather than the card, and save new pictures you create to the card. This would be done in the settings of the camera app, setting it to save the images to the card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Android Smartphones 1
I Android Smartphones 2
J Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 2
T Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
N Android Smartphones 3
W Android Smartphones 3