How to spot a fake dxdiag?

AnTracius

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015
Hi, so I was looking for a laptop at my local computer plaza where there were tons of laptops etc. There was one ASUS laptop that caught my eye, but I'm quite not sure if this bargain is true.

Specs:

CPU: 2.10~2.26Ghz, Quad Core
GPU: Intel Integrated with 1238MB of Memory
RAM: 4Gig
Resolution: 1366x768

This specs are from the dxdiag for the ASUS laptop that's for $380. I don't really have much experience with laptop pricing and such, but I have an old laptop that's duo-core 1.7Ghz that I once bought for $400 2 years ago. It's either faster processors these days are getting cheaper, I got an overpriced laptop two years ago, or this laptop's dxdiag is faked (I know dxdiag can be faked via registry) So does this laptop sound genuine with the 2+Ghz Quad-core or not? Also is there any way to find specs aside from dxdiag?

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
hello there im not sure if there is a such thing as a fake dxdiag but one thing is for your sure if they will let you look at it and test it out you could always go to control panel and then system and security and then system and it will tell you how much ram and what kind of processor etc etc but from what you posted it seems like a good machine for the price i dont know if it has a core I5 or core I7 because a core I3 does not come with a quad core option and only certain core I5 comes with quad core option not all anyways hope this helps

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there im not sure if there is a such thing as a fake dxdiag but one thing is for your sure if they will let you look at it and test it out you could always go to control panel and then system and security and then system and it will tell you how much ram and what kind of processor etc etc but from what you posted it seems like a good machine for the price i dont know if it has a core I5 or core I7 because a core I3 does not come with a quad core option and only certain core I5 comes with quad core option not all anyways hope this helps

Solution