how to switch off a laptop when it is not responding to any keys?-toshiba

rajkannnah

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
The problem is i tried yo install a 3g modem and i found the memory in the laptop was not sufficient.so i removed the modem and tried to stop the installation process.it asked me to restart.i presssed forced restart.after that the laptop showed me logging off for some hours.so i left the system as such thinking it will switch off automatically.bt nw its on and nothing shows up in the window.please yell me hq to switch off and work normally.its a toshiba laptop

Solution

Try pressing down power button for 15 seconds--if that does not work then you will need to remove the laptop's battery then put it back in.

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Should be just like a desktop. Hold the power button down for five seconds or so and it should shutdown. If that does not work just unplug the laptop and then pull the battery it will shutdown then.

paulstelian97

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014

4 seconds. It's a standard. In ALL PCs and laptops I've seen this is the time it takes (unless the system itself manages to halt faster, which doesn't happen with Windows, even 8.1 :)) )

The Tech Guy

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

Try pressing down power button for 15 seconds--if that does not work then you will need to remove the laptop's battery then put it back in.

Solution