How to transfer data to Andriod SD card?

Lukelonergan

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
Hi,

I am Luke Lonergan and I wish to get a tutorial on how to transfer my data to my android phone’s SD card and make it my default target storage. Can anyone provide me with effective guidance?

Regards
Luke Lonergan

Solution
Hi Luke!
You can do it with and without a PC. Here, I'll explain both:

Without PC:
You need to have a File Manager. Many android phones already have one. Goto folder where you data is stored. Select it by using Multi-Select option, select Move or Copy option and then navigate to the folder in your SD Card and select Paste option.

With PC:
You will need your phone itself, it's suitable USB cable and it's suitable drivers (Can be installed by going to Device Manufacturer's website or by installing the software required Like Kies for Samsung.)
After driver download is complete, go to My Computer, and under Portable Handheld Devices (Or Portable MP3/MP4 Player) option (As your computer shows) your device should be listed.
Click on it...

Arushawasthi

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Hi Luke!
You can do it with and without a PC. Here, I'll explain both:

Without PC:
You need to have a File Manager. Many android phones already have one. Goto folder where you data is stored. Select it by using Multi-Select option, select Move or Copy option and then navigate to the folder in your SD Card and select Paste option.

With PC:
You will need your phone itself, it's suitable USB cable and it's suitable drivers (Can be installed by going to Device Manufacturer's website or by installing the software required Like Kies for Samsung.)
After driver download is complete, go to My Computer, and under Portable Handheld Devices (Or Portable MP3/MP4 Player) option (As your computer shows) your device should be listed.
Click on it, goto phone option and copy (or cut) the required files. Then go back and select Card, and then paste files into desired folder.

-Arushawasthi
Devices owned:
HTC Wildfire (PRE)
Samsung Galaxy Grand (PRE)
HTC One M7 (Current)

Solution