How-to: Turn Bedroom into the Perfect Office

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Chair looks like a cheap replica SR3 on an office base. I have a genuine recaro one, not that it makes much difference for an office chair (you don't want some cheap seat in your car where it matters, where as you probably aren't going to have a high speed collision on your office chair).

Your local Recaro distributor should be able to fit any seat (including a full bucket) to an office chair base, although only the 24-7 chair gets a European mechanism. At least that is the case here.

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
This article gives me a little motivation to crack on with putting the finishing touches on my far geekier "bed over PC" set up.

As far as bed type affecting scoring chances, in my day if your bed played any part in determining your chances with a girl, you were doing it wrong.

As for my geek bed over pc setup. I turned my whole bedroom into a spaceship bridge... Still adding finishing touches to it now. Ive been amazed at just how practical the design is, so many space saving opportunities, fits more "bedroom" furniture (hidden \ disguised) than it did before, gives far more floor space and fits 2 gaming rigs as well! My seats are Corbeau bucket seats (Genuine motorsport items out of my last rally car) mounted into a custom base with x52pro's built in to the armrest "wings" of the base.

I have also used downlighters like this, but in angleable eyeballs. Mine are LED bulbs and have no heat issues, but in addition, like this design theres a cavity area between the "ceiling" of the under bed area and the surface the mattress sits on.

As a side note the room conversion was my wifes idea!

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
http://lifehacker.com/5551254/the-luxury-loft-desk-+-gallery/gallery/1#

Man that kid has rich parents - a £300 chair and every tool is DeWalt lol.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]SevenVirtues[/nom]http://lifehacker.com/5551254/the- [...] gallery/1#Man that kid has rich parents - a £300 chair and every tool is DeWalt lol.[/citation]
Dewalt is Big Box Store garbage. Get some real tools.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
You can still fuck the girl on the floor, bathroom, desk, ladders and so on. Use your imagination. You just cant have a king size bed in a dorm room, aka where the drunken sl*ts tend to be in abundance.

Status
Not open for further replies.