How to uninstall the InstantSupport virus

BadAtComputerss

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
I have uninstalled all of the adware and such for the virus but I cant get rid of the icon on the bottom right and the occasional pop-up saying to call their fake number.
I cant find anything online.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
There is a possibility, that when doing scans in normal mode, it doesn't fully detect it. You could try additional steps:
1. Restart your PC in "Safe mode with networking"
2. Download and run RKill to kill most of the known malware.
3. Now do a scan with Malwarebytes and Hitmanpro
If this doesn't solve the issue. Probably your best bet would be to reinstall the windows, unfortunately.
Take a look at Task Manager and the Startup tab in particular.

Could be some small app being launched at startup.

Look in services also. The uninstall may have missed something or left it behind anyway.

Google anything that looks suspicious or otherwise does not fit your expectations.

And then try Malwarebytes as suggested by mdd1963.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
It seems like you are dealing with adware. Malware designed to create traffic to dangerous websites. Usually, it installs rogue programs or add-ons to your browser. Let's check that first. Look in your browser add-ons if you have any extensions that you do not recognize or haven't used for a while, remove them.

Do your other browsers have it? It could be system wide, in which case I would recommend looking at your installed apps/programs and see if there is something that you don't recognize. If there is, remove them. After you confirm or deny of such software/add-ons, scan your PC with previously mentioned Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro, these two software's should deal with most of the malicious issues. Additionally, you can scan your PC with any anti-virus software of your choice just to be sure.

For future reference, you can install an Adblock in your browser to prevent malicious infections through ads. Good luck!

BadAtComputerss

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

I've removed all of the add-ons and other programs it has downloaded. All of it is gone except for the little tab on the top of the page when I open any folders. I have scanned it with multiple anti-malware programs (Hitman, Malwarebytes, iObit Anti-malware thing, some other virus finder.) but nothing detects it and I cant find it in programs. (and I also have adblock)

BadAtComputerss

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

Ive scanned it multiple times and it got rid of all the addons and everything but not the tab that tells me to call them.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
There is a possibility, that when doing scans in normal mode, it doesn't fully detect it. You could try additional steps:
1. Restart your PC in "Safe mode with networking"
2. Download and run RKill to kill most of the known malware.
3. Now do a scan with Malwarebytes and Hitmanpro
If this doesn't solve the issue. Probably your best bet would be to reinstall the windows, unfortunately.

Solution