How to unlock cores of a Phenom II 560 BE

carlos alcantara

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
I do not know what i'm doin' wrong but I can not unlock the two extra core of my new brand phenom II x4 560 BE in a system:

MOBO: ASUS M4A89TD PRO / USB3
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower XT 850 RU
MEM: 2 Gb Corsair dominator 1600 Mhz TR3X6G1600C8D, don't ask I just buy only 1 dim
GPU: Sapphire HD5770 1 Gb GDDR5
HD: Western Digital 1 Tb SATA 2

Yes i have overclocked at only 3828 Mhz, still don't try to higher speeds, but when I try to activate core unlocker by the switchin' on the mobo or by BIOS even at stock clock speed the system doesn't bot.

So please someone help me, coz y'now, in the near future some games need 3 or more cores (like black ops) to work properly.

Yes I'm gamer, but in México build one really powerfull cpu cost 1 or more pieces of the body.

carlos alcantara

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

Yes i did it like that, even when I just activate core unlocke manually and acticvate oly the two cores default the system doesn't reboot, even if I turn off and turn on again don't boot and I got to clear cmos, my cpu cooler is big (CM Sphere) and doesn't have much space behind and got to put the ram in the 2nd or 3rd slot, do You think it causes the problem, or maybe I got to put two of this dims to work in dual channel?, This weekend I'll try to change the cooler and put the dim in the 1st slot. Crossfinger please.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I think its just when he activates the core unlocker with 2 cores or more. From what I can understand.

A bad CPU is pretty hard to come by these days. Intel even released their burn in program they use to verify their CPUs before release, which is better than most others out there as it can use all available RAM.

carlos alcantara

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

Yes the two stock cores work perfectlly, but, as I said my theory is for the position of the ram or really need it would be in dual channel, I'll check the weekend and tell you what hapend.

carlos alcantara

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

So, then You think i got to validate my warranty. And it doesn't invalidate by tryin' to unlock or overclock?

carlos alcantara

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Yes as I said when activate core unlocker in manual mode even activating the two cores the system doesn't boot the fans the lights, etc run but not the system. And this weekend change the cpu cooler and put the ram in 1st position and...

surprise! nothing again. :non: