How to unlock Tbird/Duron

owais

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2001
I know its something with the L1 Bridges, however what exactly do I do? I looked through the articles and I really can't find it. what kind of pencil do I use?
Thanks.

ckbumps

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
have you searched the forums?
I have seen at least 10 posts detailing how to do this.
anyway, you wanna get a good eversharp with type HB lead then connect all the L1 bridges as detailed by toms article
good luck

$If Money Is The Root Of All Evil Than I Must Be Goin To Heaven$

G

YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THIS POST IN REFERENCE TO THE PENCIL LEAD. bizzaro duron 750!

mpjesse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Go to Tom's CPU guide and look for "Overclocking AMD's Socket A processors" You can't miss it.

-MP Jesse

JustPlainJef

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Here's my question: If I want to increase the FSB while decreasing/leaving the multiplier, do I still connect the L1 bridges? Also, connect all or do we have to connect different ones based on the speeds we want? Thanks!

What's a signature? Oh, those words that show up after all my comments? I don't need one of those!

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Newbies...
The L1 bridges unlock the multiplier. Go ahead and bump up the FSB a little w/o unlocking the L1 bridges. You connect all of the bridges, straight across. It's simple. The speed of the processor is the multiplier*FSB. Please do not buy a 1.2 GHz thunderbird and move the FSB to 133 to create the more expensize version with out unlocking and lowering the multiplier. Don't be stupid. You might wanna buy a cheap Duron first and practice. Again, don't be stupid. Cooling is important. There are plenty of guides online that show you exactly what to do. The basic rule of OC is "Don't be stupid". Don't fry your processor and then whine. Thar's it. Good luck.

"If you teach a child to read, then him or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.