How to use both a sound bar AND a set of RF headphones

Dan_920

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
I have an older Vizio smart TV (E390i) and recently bought a set of Sennheiser RF headphones. I also want to add a sound bar. I thought I could plug the sound bar into the TV, and then the headphone transmitter into the sound bar, but most sound bars that I have seen don't have audio outs. What's the best way to be able to use both -- and easily switch between them?

Solution
Easiest solution is to split the analog audio output of your TV and connect both the RF transmitter and soundbar to the splitter. Turn on the one you want to use (or both at the same time. You will need a pair of RCA single male to 2 female splitters. Cheap and easy.
You could connect the RF transmitter to the analog audio output and the soundbar to the optical audio output but they may not work at the same time so you would have to go into the TV menu to switch.
Easiest solution is to split the analog audio output of your TV and connect both the RF transmitter and soundbar to the splitter. Turn on the one you want to use (or both at the same time. You will need a pair of RCA single male to 2 female splitters. Cheap and easy.
You could connect the RF transmitter to the analog audio output and the soundbar to the optical audio output but they may not work at the same time so you would have to go into the TV menu to switch.

Solution