How To Use Dev. Tools To Stop Pop Up Windows/Redirects

Greenmeats

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello!

Alright, so I'm having an issue with multiple websites. They are show/movie streaming sites, and, as many know, they are notorious for redirects, fake links, etc. So, quite a few of these sites have a pop up window that comes from a specific website (deloton.com), which, as soon as that comes up, instantly redirects to another advertisement website.

Now, I consistently use programs Adwcleaner, CCleaner, and Win Defender to make sure my comp. is free of any maliciousness, and am a decent-enough user to look at my own files and processes, and can recognize faults. I've also cleared everything and blocked cookies from those sites. So, what I'm feeling/thinking is that these websites have written in their source codes these pop ups to come up, then a timer set therein to have them come up again after a certain interval.

My issue is that, while trying to watch something, the video will lag and stop loading, often until I minimize the screen, click somewhere for this pop up to come up, and then close it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to use developer tools to cut that out.

I've identified it, and changed the code there to stop it, but I am not a pro at using developer tools, and what I've done doesn't help, but I don't know where to proceed from here.

fWfPGVaTUhl0PFDu1

Greenmeats

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

"I'm feeling/thinking is that these websites have written in their source codes these pop ups to come up, then a timer set therein to have them come up again after a certain interval."

Yes, I said that. I'm just wondering how to use developer tools to remove that scripting, or at the least disable it. I've found the script in developer tools "Sources" tab, and where it says "window.zfgloadedpopup = true;" in the folder under the company name (deloton.com), I've changed that to false, saved changes, and still, it manages to come back.

Greenmeats

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

I could try a script blocker. No ad blockers work. I'd rather not, though, since I am a DIY kind of guy. Thank you for your not-so-intricate advice, lol. I will try a more specific forum.