How to use my samsung j1 ace as modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

STAN SAMSUNG

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
I HVE A PROBLEM I BOUGHT A SAMSUNG GALAXY J1 ACE - END OF AUG 2016, I WANT TO USE MY PHONE AS A MODEM,I DOWNLOAD SAMSUNG KIES , SAMSUNG PC SUITE, ALSO USB CABLE ,BUT I NO WAY TO CONNECT (I INSTALL DOWNLAODED SOFTWARE TOO) PLS HELP

Solution
EVERYONE IF YOU CAN NOT USE SAMSUNG GALAXY J1 ACE AS A MODEM< I CAN TEACH YOU HERE
YOU MUST BUY AN ORIGINAL SAMSUNG USB CABLE
1) PLUG IN USB CABLE
2) SWITCH ON UR PHONE & KEY IN PASSWORD ( IF YOU HAVE PASSWORD )
3) SCROLL DOWN THE MAIN PAGE SCREEN where you can see clock or time ,date, weather,..camera.......
4) FIND ON TOP YOU CAN SEE THERE Wifi,Location ..Bluetooth,..may go to next page still on top..and on the Mobile Data
5)SWITCH ON MOBILE DATA - Dont use Mobile hotspot .it waste a lot of data
6) When done go back to main page where see time ,date ,weather...camera
7) Go to Apps >Find Settings
8) in settings >look for Tethering and Mobile hotsport >TICK on THE USB tethering
NOW YOU CAN CONNECT TO INTERNET
IF WANTED TO DISCONNECT...
Most phones cannot be used as just a modem. Some can be used as a mobile hotspot, which would require a WiFi card on your computer or other device you want to connect to.

However, that said, you would have to know if your carrier restricts that or not. If you use the phone as a Hot Spot and don't have unlimited data, it can really add up fast. Computers use way more data than phones.

Here is some info on that phone. See if it works for you. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-159099/

STAN SAMSUNG

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
EVERYONE IF YOU CAN NOT USE SAMSUNG GALAXY J1 ACE AS A MODEM< I CAN TEACH YOU HERE
YOU MUST BUY AN ORIGINAL SAMSUNG USB CABLE
1) PLUG IN USB CABLE
2) SWITCH ON UR PHONE & KEY IN PASSWORD ( IF YOU HAVE PASSWORD )
3) SCROLL DOWN THE MAIN PAGE SCREEN where you can see clock or time ,date, weather,..camera.......
4) FIND ON TOP YOU CAN SEE THERE Wifi,Location ..Bluetooth,..may go to next page still on top..and on the Mobile Data
5)SWITCH ON MOBILE DATA - Dont use Mobile hotspot .it waste a lot of data
6) When done go back to main page where see time ,date ,weather...camera
7) Go to Apps >Find Settings
8) in settings >look for Tethering and Mobile hotsport >TICK on THE USB tethering
NOW YOU CAN CONNECT TO INTERNET
IF WANTED TO DISCONNECT, UNTICK USB Tethering & OFF THE MOBILE DATA AS TOLD EARLY

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.