How tp switch SD cards

Mar 20, 2018
I have an LG treasure and started out with only 8gb micro sd card. I just bought a new 32gb microSDHC card and want to know how to properly switch them. Ty

Solution
Actually, I did explain that, but I will give a little more detail.

You would need to either use the devices file manager app (if it doesn't have one you can download one from Google Play Store) and you can use it to move files back to the phone, prior to removing the SD card. Then, once the old card is out, insert the new one and use the file manager app to move them over to the new card.

If, however, you don't want to have to do this one or two files at a time, you can always connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and move all the files from the SD card either to the phone or to an empty folder on the computer. These can be moved all at once. Once done, disconnect the phone from the computer, change out the SD cards. Then...
It depends. Are you wanting to switch the data from the one card to the other as well? IF that is the case you would need to save that data to either the phone itself, to a cloud or google account or to a computer (via USB cord) prior to removing the original card.

Once you have moved the data off of the card, then you can remove it and install the new SD card. Then you can, if you chose to, move the data over to the new card.

NOTE: This is only referring to files. Photos, videos, music, etc. Not apps.

Actually, I did explain that, but I will give a little more detail.

You would need to either use the devices file manager app (if it doesn't have one you can download one from Google Play Store) and you can use it to move files back to the phone, prior to removing the SD card. Then, once the old card is out, insert the new one and use the file manager app to move them over to the new card.

If, however, you don't want to have to do this one or two files at a time, you can always connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and move all the files from the SD card either to the phone or to an empty folder on the computer. These can be moved all at once. Once done, disconnect the phone from the computer, change out the SD cards. Then reconnect the phone to the computer via the USB cord and you can then move all the files back to the SD card.

Solution