Hp 15g035wm power board replacment help

FallenXAngel

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
So when i took this laptop apart i didnt account for ribbon cable and how flimsy it was. Ive been searching for a replacment i just need the board and the ribbon connector. I think i found it but instead of 15g035wm i got a 15g029wm are they the same? Should i order the part? Im afraid if i spend 17.50 and it doesnt work that i wont have any other options. I cant find any replacement parts for the 15g035wm.
Heres the link to the replacment i found:
http://ebay.com/itm/281624451419?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Solution
Hello FallenXAngel

I would strongly suggest NOT to buy any part of a different model. Since the models are uniquely designed, most of the times each part has a different part number and you must ensure that number of the faulty part matches with the one you are trying to replace it with.

Your best bet would be to confirm it with the HP Customer Service Department before making any purchase.

Also, I would suggest you to buy the spare parts only from an HP Authorized Service Center. This would ensure that you always get a genuine and branded parts.

Hope this helps. :)
Hello FallenXAngel

I would strongly suggest NOT to buy any part of a different model. Since the models are uniquely designed, most of the times each part has a different part number and you must ensure that number of the faulty part matches with the one you are trying to replace it with.

Your best bet would be to confirm it with the HP Customer Service Department before making any purchase.

Also, I would suggest you to buy the spare parts only from an HP Authorized Service Center. This would ensure that you always get a genuine and branded parts.

Hope this helps. :)

Solution

FallenXAngel

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014

Thanks for the information I will contact hp support and see what they say or what they can do!