Solved! HP 250 G5 / G6 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I plan to buy this notebook, so I wanted to ask, if anyone has it and could share their opinions?

I heard they tend to get hot and get quite noisy, is that true?

Solution
In my experience you get what you pay for, the HP 250 range is great spec for the price, so it has to cut short on other elements.

I've not known the G5 to have a temperature issue, it can get a bit noisy, but it's not much worse than many other laptops of the same range.

The noise can often be indicative of what temperature you reach, and what temperature you reach can be dependant on your environment. But in general circumstances, I've not known the G5 to have a temperature issue unlike many other laptops. It just quite frankly doesn't look very nice, doesn't have the best of monitors, and only intel graphics. But that's why it costs what it does. It's a great spec laptop for the price in the UK.

Also found this which may be...

PC Tailor

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
In my experience you get what you pay for, the HP 250 range is great spec for the price, so it has to cut short on other elements.

I've not known the G5 to have a temperature issue, it can get a bit noisy, but it's not much worse than many other laptops of the same range.

The noise can often be indicative of what temperature you reach, and what temperature you reach can be dependant on your environment. But in general circumstances, I've not known the G5 to have a temperature issue unlike many other laptops. It just quite frankly doesn't look very nice, doesn't have the best of monitors, and only intel graphics. But that's why it costs what it does. It's a great spec laptop for the price in the UK.

Also found this which may be useful: https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-250-G5-SP-X0N33EA-Notebook-Review.181969.0.html

Edit: I will also note that I have never had the 250s myself, I only know through colleagues and previous research.

Solution
G

Hmm, I see.

On another hand, is it even worth getting 15"6 laptop for studies, or should I go smaller? If so, isn't 1920x1080 resolution too big for smaller screens than 15"6?

Status
Not open for further replies.