HP 530 Ethernet problem

petterb94

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I changed OS on my hp 530 from vista home basic to Windows 7 64bit proffesional yesterday. So the Ethernet has stopped work now, i've tried to find drivers on HPs website but i can't find anything working. I've also tested update from windows update and the device manager. so now id like to ask if someone could try to help me figure out how to make it work again

Regards Petter

Did you run the Upgrade Compatibility Wizard to check everything would work in a 64 bit system before installing? I think you need to buy a compatible PCI ethernet card.[/#000ff]

petterb94

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
No i din't but since its a laptop we are talking about i can't change it. But do you think that it could work with a vista driver then?

I didn't Google the model - pity it's a laptop but at least it probably has wireless. Can you enable that to turn the system loose to find a driver? The Vista one may work. I'd start off at HP's site.

petterb94

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

i'd just installed it with removing everything from the disc then just install, ill try do it the 32-bit way and reply how it workd.