HP Chromebook Stream won't run Chrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnwms

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
He/they brought it over last nite for Papa to 'fix'. It had a recycle icon, no Chrome and from I could see no browser (or errors).
Finally got Edge to comee up, but it would not download Chrome - "Report that this download is unsafe". Tried Glary utilities, same message. Huh? Edge would let me get to Google and my email so something is working - but what isn't?

It was his Christmas present and should not have had time to do much wrong. Shouldn't a Chromebook run Chrome? Need some help...

johnwms

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
??? It was purchased new. Are you saying that someone over wrote the original OS and installed Windows 10? Doesn't make sense, but I'll entertain it and ask and try to verify. How would that answer the inability to download?

I appreciate your response, thx.

rgd1101

Don't

What is the exact model of the hp chromebook stream?
are you sure it not just HP stream? which run windows? http://store.hp.com/us/en/vwa/Laptops/brand=Stream

johnwms

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017

---- Got to be the little one (don't have it with me now), the Stream -11-y010nr 32 gb hard drive, Win 10 home, 4g RAM is about right. Was surprised 'cuz it was full @ 29g full of 29g, and I couldn't clear any storage space.
--- I've read elsewhere that 'books' can't download '.exe' files - true? Is it your experience that these "books" have problems?

johnwms

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
---- Got to be the little one (don't have it with me now), the Stream -11-y010nr 32 gb hard drive, Win 10 home, 4g RAM is about
right. Was surprised 'cuz it was full @ 29g full of 29g, and I couldn't clear any storage space.
--- I've read elsewhere that 'books' can't download '.exe' files - true? Is it your experience that these "books" have problems?

.....okay -obviously new here, did I not get it right? (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.