HP Class Action Lawsuit Dv9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkielvrs4

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
had my HP pav.9000 2 times in the last year for over heating, well this last time It fried my motherboard. It has cost me 400.00 to get it going again but I lost everything. HELP

Last edited by a moderator:

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
You missed the chance to get it replaced for free from nvidia. Im guessing that your DV9000 is part of the Nvidia Lawsuit? the one that the graphics cards overheated in the laptops and caused problems. http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/

The period is already over and done with, I would complain to HP but chances are you missed the boat. After the warranty period is up you really cant do anything because their liability is gone. Unless you have state laws that say otherwise such as Wisconsins Lemon Law that states if you have something that breaks 3 times after a warranty fixes it you can return it for a new one or a different one of equal value.

I would look into your model number with the nvidia lawsuit, if it is and you try to request a lawsuit chances are it will get thrown out because they already solved this issue with amble time.

yorkielvrs4

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

I was never notified from HP on this problem.. I called HP and they of course played dumb with me.. and told me to conract the business I purchased it from which was Best Buy. and I already had, they told me to contact HP. So the merry go round begins.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006

If you never registered your lappy with HP, they'd have no record of it most likely.

I was in the same boat with a Dell XPS M1710 lappy I bought 5 years ago, but directly from Dell so it was automatically registered. Got a postcard concerning the nVidia GPU settlement back in December, and mailed in the required materials including the purchase invoice once the final disposition was approved by the court. nVidia accepted it about 2 weeks afterwards, got a return box from Dell the next day, and the repaired lappy within 10 days.

It's been working fine since then - the replacement GPU, a quadro 510, is comparable to the 7900GTX GPU that failed, so no problems playing games on the lappy, at least without AA.

CherLA

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I have two dv9000 series notebooks ea of which has suffered from known issues. I always paid for warranties when they were up. The last time I purchased them HP informed me that they would notify me when it was time to renew them, as they always had. They didn't. I got nowhere with them when I wrote and called on many many occassions re my screen that went black on the 32 bit; also the battery which had been replaced on the other already. I have found other known issues but if I cant see my screen on the 32 bit there is nothing I can do about it. This was a known issue at HP, we all know this by now. I have been unable to use the 32 bit notebook for two years. It cost me over 2,000.00 USD...nice pickle. Since I hadsbedome financially devastated when all of our money was stolen from a safe deposit box at a single branch local bank and they had not informed me I could insure contents...all large bills were stolen, smlr denomination silver cert were not and jewelery was not) I cant afford to pay for pc repairs to the tune HP requested from me. Sad. Disgusting, and HO should have been sanctioned as I am not by any means the only consumer this happened to. I have mostly HP products and have for yrs.. Shame on them. Cher

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS