hp compaq CQ42-168TU temperature 90 degrees celcius

thjbd

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hi,
i am using a laptop CQ42-168TU

cpu is core i3 M 350
which gets 90 degrees celcius within a few minutes after starting windows 7 and becomes very slow.

if i reinstall windows, it works smoothly for some weeks then the same temp problem occurs.

what could be possibly wrong with the laptop? if the problem is hardware related, why it disappears for some weeks when i reinstall windows?

Solution
Well it could be a faulty sensor, however since you said it does slow when it is hot, then I doubt that is the problem.

Have you tried installing monitoring software? There are quite a few programs out there. I like SpeedFan. With these you can watch the system to see if it is really reaching those temps, when, and what items are being effected.

You may well just need to replace the thermal paste on the fan. Or you may need to replace the whole fan. But it is best to figure it out 'sooner' rather than later, as the long this goes on, the more likely it is to cause damage to other components.
Well it could be a faulty sensor, however since you said it does slow when it is hot, then I doubt that is the problem.

Have you tried installing monitoring software? There are quite a few programs out there. I like SpeedFan. With these you can watch the system to see if it is really reaching those temps, when, and what items are being effected.

You may well just need to replace the thermal paste on the fan. Or you may need to replace the whole fan. But it is best to figure it out 'sooner' rather than later, as the long this goes on, the more likely it is to cause damage to other components.

Solution