Solved! HP DM1Z(2011) or Lenovo X120e

princeth

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I have a 600 dollar budget.

My intentions: Streaming hulu type websites, streaming youtube, and streaming dvd rips on a 50 inch panasonic plasma tv

If you have any other recommendations other then the ones i listed below, feel free to chip in, itd be greatly appreciated.

I've brought it down to two laptops, if it were you in my place, which one would you choose?

1. Lenovo X120E

Specs:

AMD E-350
AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
4GB Ram
320GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
6 Cell Battery (5.0 hours)
weight: not sure?

Price: $510

2. HP DM1-4010US

Specs:

AMD E-450
4GB Ram
320GB (7200RPM) Hard Disk Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6320 Discrete-Class Graphics
Weight: 3.52 lbs

Price: $542

Verdict:

I love how the thinkpad looks, has a matte screen, apparently has a great keyboard + trackpad, however, i don't know if the specs are enough for what i'm going to use the laptop for.

The DM1Z, i hate how it looks, i hated the glossy screen on the touchpad, although i don't mind the screen on my sis's asus and my lcd monitor, but if its screen is anything like their touchpad, id probably end up returning it, and i hate that it is 3.52lbs.

However, the dm1z has better specs and i like the fact that it just got refreshed recently.

If you were in my place, which one of these laptops would you pick?

Or would you pick something entirely different.
princeth is online now Add to princeth's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

princeth

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
i can, i said my options arent, sorry this was post was from another forum

i can buy it from any shop, but my budget is only around 600

and requirements are 11-13.3inch with hdmi/dvi so i can connect it to my 50 inch tv

princeth

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
that laptop is 663 with taxes + shipping

if i had that amount of budget, i would just get acer 3830tg

My budget is 600 inc taxes

I know its not much, but i'm not really going to be doing much on the laptop/netbook anyway

Im not going to be playing any games, just word / streaming to tv

Pyree

Distinguished
Yeah, just want to get as much performance as you can get with your budget. You may want to record some HD video stream while you are watching it and I am worry the E450 may not be able to handle the simultaneous playback and recording smoothly.