HP DV1000 Upgrade Question

xeni

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I have a customized HP DV1000 with 2GB of ram that i bought 2 years ago almost. I am not big into laptop customization i am more of a desktop guy, but i was wondering if anybody here would know if i could upgrade the processor on that laptop to maybe a core2duo or not. Also it has a pentium M 1.73GHZ processor right now.

What's the chipset?

Most laptops now a days use the Intel 945 chip. If your notebook has that MB then you should be ok. I'm no expert but that would be my guess. If you can find him, talk to the guy from Killer Notebooks here at the forum. He does alot of upgrades to laptops from other companies, i.e. Dell, HP, IBUYPOWER. If you don't know what specific hardware you have download either CPU-Z or PC Wizard from cpuid.com. CPU-Z will tell you about your MB and Wizard will tell you everything about your laptop, CPU, MB, GPU, you name it.

xeni

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Thx for the info. I have been looking into it but i am not a 100% thats why i was just wondering if anybody else had the same laptop and actually knows for sure.