hp dv6-2159tx default display driver

prathikbhootra

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

I reinstalled windows 8.1 on my laptop.
I am able to see Nvdia geforce 105M graphics in my display adapter in device manager.

But there is suppose to be another display adapter (default by laptop provider- in my case HP).
I checked on HP website there is no such driver. Can anyone help me so as to where I can find this driver for my laptop ??

Model: HP Pavilion dv6-2159tx Entertainment Notebook PC

Would be very kind and grateful of you.

Cheers
Prathik

Solution
Well, HP doesn't manufacture GPUs, not even for laptops. Pretty much, whether it's desktop or laptop, there are 3 manufacturers: nVidia (discrete GPUs), AMD (discrete GPUs and integrated APUs) and Intel (integrated graphics on their CPUs).

So...if HP claims it has "dual graphics" on the laptop, chances are it's Intel's HD integrated on the CPU combined with a discrete nVidia chip.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02053198&DocLang=en&docLocale=en_US&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Doesn't mention 2 GPUs, but if there is chances are the 2nd one is for the i5 chip (Intel HD graphics). If it doesn't have drivers, however, then you only need to worry about the nVidia drivers...especially since the...

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
Well, HP doesn't manufacture GPUs, not even for laptops. Pretty much, whether it's desktop or laptop, there are 3 manufacturers: nVidia (discrete GPUs), AMD (discrete GPUs and integrated APUs) and Intel (integrated graphics on their CPUs).

So...if HP claims it has "dual graphics" on the laptop, chances are it's Intel's HD integrated on the CPU combined with a discrete nVidia chip.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02053198&DocLang=en&docLocale=en_US&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Doesn't mention 2 GPUs, but if there is chances are the 2nd one is for the i5 chip (Intel HD graphics). If it doesn't have drivers, however, then you only need to worry about the nVidia drivers...especially since the Intel integrated graphics are pretty much only good for Facebook, web browsing, email & the like.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS