HP DV6 Charging issue

Neat and Clean

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
I have a DV6 that does not recognize the ac adapter with the battery in. If I uninstall the ac adapter and ACPI drivers then pull the bios battery to reset the bios it will charge again. But as soon as I unplug and plug back in it will not charge again. It will not boot without the battery in, but as soon as it is booted I can remove the battery and it sees the ac adapter without resetting the bios. Has anyone had this problem before. Running AMD turion, 8 GB ram, windows 7 home premium 64bit.

Neat and Clean

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
That was the first thing I tried. I updated with the most current Bios, restart and it is charging again. As soon as I unplug and replug the machine in. It no longer is charging or even says that it is plugged in. When I take out the battery it then reports that it is plugged in. When I put the battery back in (without restarting) it reports unknown remaining.

Neat and Clean

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
Well I think I am down to a motherboard issue. Strange that I can reset the BIOS and get it charging until I unplug it. I installed a fresh copy of windows onto a different HDD and the charging issue still persists.