HP dv7-6b78us Case falling apart.

dthall43

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
Hi, As you can tell from the title: My HP after 3~4 years of hard work is finally starting to hit the dust(the case is falling apart & the screen has a short in it) So I planned to give it a nice refurbish, seeing as I just bought a desktop and cannot afford a new laptop I was wondering how i deal with the fact that the case is falling apart. Lets talk about how its falling apart so you understand.

1.) Where the exhaust fan is the plastic has warped and split and caused a short in the LCD circuit.

2.) Where the speakers are on the front the case has broke(Just so happened to be where i rest my wrists and wasnt great enough to hold them up.)

Now I know that the computer runs fine. It might be a little slow. But a clean install of windows would fix that. So, I cannot find a replacement for my case on the internet. Does anyone know of a third party/different case that is compatible?

Solution
Laptop chassis are proprietary, so I am pretty sure you will not find an alternative to the OEMs shell anywhere for your model. If you can't source the specific parts you need on eBay or various parts depots, you can try finding a "for parts only" listing of the same model laptop (or a likewise model), as in the entire laptop, then take what you need from that. As long as it's a non-working system, it should be fairly cheap, and again, you should be able to find that on eBay.
Laptop chassis are proprietary, so I am pretty sure you will not find an alternative to the OEMs shell anywhere for your model. If you can't source the specific parts you need on eBay or various parts depots, you can try finding a "for parts only" listing of the same model laptop (or a likewise model), as in the entire laptop, then take what you need from that. As long as it's a non-working system, it should be fairly cheap, and again, you should be able to find that on eBay.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS