Hp Dv7-7333cl wont turn on after reassembly

Blamfablam

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I disassembled my dv7 to clean out the cooler and i got everything back together and now all i get when i press the power button is a black screen, working fan, flashing caps lock button, and an amber f12 key.

I tried to hard reset (take out the battery, hold down the power button, etc) but that didnt work. I've tried to reseat the ram and reconfigure the modules in different combinations but to no avail. Ive tried to boot without a hdd but nothing different happened. Ive also tried to reseat the cpu but still nothing new happened. I also tried to reflow my motherboard with an oven (twice)! But again, to no avail

Hi,

What I can suggest is to retrace the steps you did in order to open the laptop. Make sure that all the ribbon cables and all other cables are properly seated into the motherboard. Since you mentioned that the laptop does power on but there's no display on the screen, have you tried plugging in an external monitor into it as well? If you'll get a display from the external monitor do check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard if it's seated properly.

Blamfablam

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Nothing above has worked so far
Tried removing the cmos battery and start it again but nothing's changed
Tried taking out the cmos battery and plugging it back in and starting it but that didnt work either

Johan2001

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
Any solutions at all? I have the exact same problem with the same machine. I suspect it has something to do with the CMOS battery being disconnected, but it's just a suspicion.

tombodude

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009

tombodude

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I am having this issue, too. I know what I am doing, have done this with a hundred laptops. It's like the BIOS froze up; continuous blinking caps light is usually video chip failure on these HP,s but it worked fine before I took it apart. I have checked and rechecked everything, tried the BIOS repair bootup with both Win key plus B and Win key plus V key, checked every cable. Tried starting it with almost nothing connected, same issue, goes right to blinking cap light. Other forums have those who have reflowed the video chip, replaced everything, still happens. F8 key pressing doesn't work either. I need help with this.