Status
Not open for further replies.

jackoleen

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
I NEED "HP dvd740e" LIGHTSCRIBE DEVICE DRIVER DOWNLOAD?
Everywhere I went had virus warnings when I downloaded //

Solution

Drivers will not help you with the drive if the BIOS does not see it. Spend $20 and get a new SATA drive. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16827135204

I would not bother with lightscribe, it just makes the drive harder to find and you need special disks to use it.

jackoleen

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017

Thanks, Can you forward the Link you found?
I did search downloads and drivers before writing here but it returns:
Sorry, no results match your search for "lightscribe" and a search for "DVD740 internal drive" returned ;
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00001838#AbT12 ... With the usual " HP Retired Products Policy The product you searched for is no longer supported by HP. Please use the link above to see additional information. "

Thank you again for the help,
Jack

jackoleen

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017

Thanks for asking.
The drive was working, I pulled it from my old computer the the HDD went on it.

Where would I download the "Light-scribing" drivers now that HP dropped out?

It is an IDE version and the present computer's Motherboard only has SATA connections.
I have an adapter (40 pin to SATA) it does get power opens & closes, but the BIOS nor the device manager find it.
The present computer is a HP6200 Pro, Intel-i5, running Windows 10 64bit, and 16gb
Happy New Year

jackoleen

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017

The present computer is a HP6200 Pro, Intel-i5, running Windows 10 64bit, and 16gb ram.
(It might be the WIN 10 upgrade from Windows 7 64bit OEM)

It is an IDE version and the present computer's Motherboard only has SATA connections.
I have an adapter (40 pin to SATA) it does get power opens & closes, but the BIOS nor the device manager find it.

Happy New Year

Forget about finding any 64-bit drivers for 15-year old device, for which HP stopped support ten years ago. If you still insist of using that drive - find hardware and software (motherboard and OS) which are compatible with it. I doubt the efforts are worth then off-the-shelf DVD-RW are $20

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
The adapter is just causing confusion Since we have no idea if it works natively (without it) or not. Windows 10 has no issue with IDE devices, nor with Lightscribe, both work with a little effort for lightscribe and no effort at all for IDE.

My only optical drive is still an old lightscribe unit, I still burn customer data with it and label it with the laser. Windows 10 Pro N here.

Drivers will not help you with the drive if the BIOS does not see it. Spend $20 and get a new SATA drive. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16827135204

I would not bother with lightscribe, it just makes the drive harder to find and you need special disks to use it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.