Hp Elitebook 8570w battery charge rate 0%

Gun33boy

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I ordered an Hp elitebook 8750w off of newegg. The seller sent the laptop in what appeared to be good condition with no problems, but the battery said "plugged in, not charging". After deleting the ACPI battery drivers and retrying, it said "plugged in, charging" but never got above 0%. Newegg allowed me to get a free replacement battery: a bayvalley parts 12 cell model, which seemed to be working fine, but was at 65%. Strangely enough, it stayed at 65%, so long as I had the ac power running. When I used just the battery, it would drop, and is now at 51%. I deleted the ACPI drivers, shut down the pc, and tried charging for a few hours... still 51%. I feel like I should order a new charger, but the one I have powers the computer fine, so I don't see the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do? I'm tired of dealing with this problem, after 5 weeks. Thanks for any replies.

Solution
While a charger cord can work fine to make a laptop run, if it isn't allowing for enough power to get through, then it can't both run it and charge the battery.

Will it charge the battery when the laptop is turned completely off? Not sleep or hibernate, but off. If it won't charge even then, it isn't the cord. If it will charge then, I would look at replacing the cord.
While a charger cord can work fine to make a laptop run, if it isn't allowing for enough power to get through, then it can't both run it and charge the battery.

Will it charge the battery when the laptop is turned completely off? Not sleep or hibernate, but off. If it won't charge even then, it isn't the cord. If it will charge then, I would look at replacing the cord.

Solution