Hp Elitebook 8570W Help Fan at Max Speed After MXM Card Upgrade!!!

invento123

Great
May 5, 2018
So I have an HP Elitebook 8570W that I recently upgraded from the Quadro K1000M to an AMD Firepro M4000 and since then the fan has been stuck at max speed. Not sure what I did wrong but since I upgraded it and put in that Firepro the fan will do its initial few spins then stop like it use to and about 15 seconds in, no matter what Im doing or whether Im in the bios or booting into windows, the fan will randomly ramp up to 100%. In open hardware monitor and speed fan it shows both the cpu and new firepro are around 40 degrees F. Ive read some older forums about upgrading the bios and that might help but I cant find anywhere a bios update for my laptop.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! This is so annoying as I absolutely adore everything about this laptop and its perfect for me in every way except this stupid fan now!

Solution
Newer BIOS would be on HPs support site. You probably did not do anything wrong, aside from installing a video card not fully supported by the system. Could have messed with the power draw or heat sensors, maybe the BIOS can't read the card properly so is just running the fans at max.
Newer BIOS would be on HPs support site. You probably did not do anything wrong, aside from installing a video card not fully supported by the system. Could have messed with the power draw or heat sensors, maybe the BIOS can't read the card properly so is just running the fans at max.

Solution