Luke Kirkham

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
ok so.. hp envy m6 windows 8(maybe 8.1) start up, the hp logo comes up it does the loading process and then goes black and the process restarts infinitely.
Things ive tried: hp recovery says failed and retry every time.
windows recovery (disk and usb) unable to complete, no reason given.
Restore pc from restore points, unable to process, again no reason given.
booting windows from a usb and a cd, you can select the language and keyboard language. after that it closes and goes back to the HP logo loop.
i have run both extensive checks and the laptop passed all of them.
Possibly a few other things ive forgotten over nights of troubleshooting.
Any help will be appreciated, Help me!
Edit: i usually use a PC so i have access to that to help.

Luke Kirkham

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

Yes it was after an update,and yes the disk tested fine.
another thing i forgot about was trying to uninstall recent updates. that wouldnt work either

jojesa

Distinguished

You could try one of these two options, Windows in-place upgrade or delete the folder with the updates which could have got corrupted.

- With a Windows in-place upgrade, you reinstall Windows 8.1 from a USB installation media, is a non-destructive installation and you could keep your files, settings, drivers, programs and apps.
It could get you back into your system and might work properly again.

-Start the PC in Safe Mode, browse to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete all the files and folders inside.
You could be able to access Safe Mode by selecting the advanced repair options from the Windows recovery.
Click on the Troubleshoot button, select the Advanced Options then click on Startup Settings and finally click the Restart button.
Press the F4 or 4 key on your keyboard to enter Safe mode.
While in Safe Mode delete the content of the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder .
Reboot

Similar issue could happen if during the update process your disk does not have enough space.

Luke Kirkham

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

thanks for the reply. i have tried an in-place upgrade and the laptop will not do it, and as of trying to do your second option. i am unable to boot into safe mode, at this point i am also unable to enter into system recovery.