HP G62-225NR laptop will not power on

jbarstick

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hi there,
A friend of mine has a HP G62-225NR laptop with Windows 7 that will not power on. She was using the computer, the battery died, and she hasn't been able to get it start since. We have tried to hard restart it, and have had no success. When the ac adapter is connected, the charging light does not illuminate. The power adapter port looks undamaged. All help is greatly appreciated!

jbarstick

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
It is out of warranty.

The ac adapter works, I tried it on another HP laptop and tested it with my multimeter. I also tried my HP travel charger with no success.

Thanks for the help

zdbc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Even though the power port looks undamaged it could be separated from the internal contacts. That is very common and sometimes you can replace the port fairly easily. I'd look it up on ebay for your model and see if they have jacks.

Thomas Moisiadis

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
just a solution that might help.if everyone makes it work please reply.remove the battery.then remove from the back of the laptop the cmos battery(its round black near the ram)for about 10 -15 minutes.then put the cmos battery back on and then the chargerDO NOT PUT THE EXTERNAL BATTERY!good luck to all!!