I recently downloaded and tried to play GTA IV on my laptop but all it does is freeze and provide me an information that I am currently exceeding the maximum capacity of my graphic card, thus giving me an 800x600 screen in-game and a very low graphics quality.
Additional Information that the laptop has:
i3-4030U intel processor
6gB of RAM
Display tab shows the Intel HD Graphics Family
Render tab shows the NVIDIA GeForce 820M
It seems like GTA IV is not set to run using NVIDIA processor. First start with installing the latest driver for NVIDIA.
- First uninstall the old NVIDIA driver from Device Manager.
- Uninstall from Programs and Features anything related to your graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot your PC once the driver has been installed.
- Once done open NVIDIA control panel and make sure to set GTA IV to run using NVIDIA processor.