HP laptop is not booting

chuckles2666

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I have an HP dv7-6135dx. It will not boot up, give beep codes, and even get to the bios screen. I've replaced the AC jack, and the motherboard, and still have the same issue. the power led light where the plug goes blinks continuously, if i try a universal plug, it shuts off the charger. Does anyone else have any other suggestions I can try, other than chucking it?

chuckles2666

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I've tried with and without the battery, and the emptying of the caps, I've tried also. I've tried different ac adapters, and the universal ones, just shut off, and the one that is supposed to be for this HP just makes the led light blink. btw the universal ones go up to 90w.

chuckles2666

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Could there be any other problem? The only reason i ask is because I had replaced the motherboard, with a new one. I know its a possibility that the new one is bad, but I'm just hoping there might be another problem,

chuckles2666

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Board came with a CPU already attached, its non removable, at least not without a lot of work. The fans aren't spinning, because nothing is coming on at all, just the led where the ac adapter plugs into. I tried another adapter, and it blinks faster than the other one does, if that helps anyone else figure out what's wrong. I tried without the wifi card, and only one stick of RAM, one at a time anyway, and still get the same results.