HP Laptop shuts down suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD_28

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Hi !

I have a HP Probook 4410s and it shuts down suddenly while plugged in. And when it is turned off the green charging light on the charging jack is glowing. It doesn't turn off even if i remove the power cord. It turns off after ten to fifteen minutes I can't do anything on the laptop I can't even turn it on. The processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo T6570. My processor's max temperature is 70 deg C with a cooling pad. And since I live in India the weather is also hot the average room temperature is 30 deg C.

Recently I vacuumed the laptop thoroughly and its clean of dust I guess. It shuts down when I am using a web browser or watching a movie or playing games. It runs normally on battery power but it shuts down while on AC power. I tried everything I even tried to update the BIOS but during the update the computer turned off with the green light. The internal Optical Disk Drive doesn't work so I set the settings in the BIOS for the Optical Disk Drive as disabled.

Thank you very much for your helpful solutions.

Solution
That's when it will shut down. If it was shutdown, you couldn't see the temp. If its not shut down and not doing much, even at 30C room temp, 70C is way too high.

Do what you can to cool it down. If you can't get it cooler, then take it to a laptop shop for clean, service and check over.
That's when it will shut down. If it was shutdown, you couldn't see the temp. If its not shut down and not doing much, even at 30C room temp, 70C is way too high.

Do what you can to cool it down. If you can't get it cooler, then take it to a laptop shop for clean, service and check over.

Solution

JD_28

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
I have a good cooling pad. It is one of the best rated and best heat reducing cooling pads.
It is a Deepcool N180. The heat has reduced about 10 deg C after I started using the cooling pad.

Can I upgrade my graphics card ?

And

How to make my laptop cool ?

Should I remove the processor and reassemble it ?

Thank You very very much !!!!!!

It drpends on the laptop whether you can actually remove the cpu. Some are soldered in.

But even if you can, its more a matter of getting its cooler working as good as possible. Clean it, run the fan at high speed. Maybe re-seat it on the cpu with new thermal paste.

Also check to make sure your cpu voltage is not too high.

JD_28

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Hi !

Can I do something else other than removing the CPU and reassembling it because I just remembered that I have already disassembled the laptop completely innumerable times to repair it. And I'm not under warranty, it expired four years ago.

Thank you very very much !!

You don't have to replace the CPU, just remove the heatsink and reinstall it with new heat grease. If it continues to shut down, the system may need to be replaced as the components get stressed from heat and moving the system around and evenetually get to be unstable when they expand though temperature changes, even if not high enough to fully kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.