Status
Not open for further replies.

nikuliko

Estimable
Sep 4, 2015
Product Name: HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5001na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the summer, I have bought HP Omen which I thought handle every game which was released. Firstly I have installed counter-strike global offensive in which I experienced fps stutters and drops. Then I have installed GTA 5, the game has recommended high graphics, but I customized it and set to normal. After 5-10 mins Omen has started overheating and the game suddenly became unplayable. Now I am playing World of warcraft on LOW graphics which was recommended to play at HIGH, but after 1-hour laptop is starting to overheat and I experience fps drops.

Yes, I have updated all (Windows and PC driver)
Yes, I am sure that PC detects Nvidia graphics card.
Yes, I have jumped on windows 10, but nothing has changed.
Yes, I have a desire to commit a suicide.

Please help. It can be treated as one of the worst nightmares of my life.

Those are my specs if it will change something for you:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Video Card 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Video Card 2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Memory 8.0 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

Solution
why not buy one of this sick cooling pads, also it might be a manufacturer error that will cause your parts to overheat, also internet can cause fps stutters and drops in csgo type net_graph 1 into console and watch your choke and loss if they are in sync with your drops thats the problem, but first of all i would try to get a cooling pad. hell you could even put a room fan under your laptop. make sure the fan vents arent clogged, you might be having problems because you're putting the laptop on a surface that will suffocate it. gl with all your problems, cheers!
-Caleb

thegreatcaleb

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
why not buy one of this sick cooling pads, also it might be a manufacturer error that will cause your parts to overheat, also internet can cause fps stutters and drops in csgo type net_graph 1 into console and watch your choke and loss if they are in sync with your drops thats the problem, but first of all i would try to get a cooling pad. hell you could even put a room fan under your laptop. make sure the fan vents arent clogged, you might be having problems because you're putting the laptop on a surface that will suffocate it. gl with all your problems, cheers!
-Caleb

Solution

Alvaro_3

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Hello, I have an HP omen but with the 16GB ram, I kind of have the same problem, so this is what I do, It works for me.
you need to rise a little your laptop I put under the vents one pencil in each side, so by doing this you rise a bit your laptop and it allows the vents to suck in more fresh air, it works most of the time for me. you can use anything in order to rise your laptop from the desk.

Like I said works most of the time, but in really demanding games in order to help the laptop cooling I put a fan, any fan next to the laptop and problem solve

but the bottom line is that HP did not design an efficient cooling system because none of us should be doing this tricks to keep the laptop cool. So next time I will buy a dell or alienware or whatever I will just stay away from HP gaming laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.