HP or Asus which should i get?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

That's fine, overwrite existing files. Did it auto run the BIOS updater ? If not, you'll have to find where it extracted the files to and run it.

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Then navigate that folder and manually run the executable in that folder with Admin permissions.

Once you un-7zip the original file, you'll get a *.zip file. Unzip this ENTIRE zip file to a folder, say one on the desktop. Open this folder, you'll see a bunch of files and 2 folders. One of the 2 folders is named winflash. Inside, there will be an executable file, you should try running that with Admin permissions.

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Okay, "nothing happened" after a BIOS update indicates success. It means you have the newest BIOS firmware for your laptop. It should have fixed some issues including the Wifi connectivity problem.

So, observe your laptop and see if it still have streaming issues from online videos. If that stops, then this BIOS update did the trick, if not, then more digging is required to find the root cause.

Hi :)

I own a Laptop repair company in the UK....

My opinion on whether to buy an ASUS or an HP is easy...

HP EVERY TIME...

The reason, we can buy ALL HP parts easily, ASUS parts are absolutely appalling to try and find...

I have some VERY nice Asus lappies stored in my workshop that I will NEVER be able to repair... :(

All the best Brett :)

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

i'm still having the issue

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
i haven't been able to take my laptop out because had to have surgery. does the signal matter? the bars are full but i tried it through ethernet one time i didn't have the issue of them freezing

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Hope you recover soon. The wi-fi signal bar can only tell you what the strength of the signal at the laptop is, it doesn't tell you much about driver/hardware/compatibility/router issues. For example, you COULD have one of those routers that drops signal once in a while on wi-fi due to overheating of the radio/amplifier circuitries but the ethernet stays up because it is independent.

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

I don't seem to be having the freezing problem anymore. thanks and is there another way i can open websites in another tab by clicking the left and right buttons at the same time besides pressing crtl? or lenovo doesn't have this feature like dell does

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
is there anyway i can scroll and open new tabs by pressing the left and right buttons at the same time to scroll up and down like with my dell does lenovo have this feature i can't seem to find how do do it

Hi :)

Read the manual...

CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS