HP Pavilion 550-153wb good for gaming.

Pekingese

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015
Hello, I was wondering if this computer is good for gaming, I don't mind lowering graphics and the such as I've been having to use underpowered laptops previously. Also, would it be possible to upgrade the graphics card in it, because it is integrated Intel HD. I'm planning to use it for running games in my library I couldn't previously run at a good frame rate, like
Gta 4
Zombi
We Happy Few
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warefare 2
Assassin's creed 3
Dead Rising 2 off the record
Aliens Colonial Marines (r.i.p)
Elder scrolls online, without a awful long loading screen at start.
And..probably the most demanding performance wise: Fallout 4

Any feedback helps, Thanks in advance.

Solution
Integrated Graphics and a 180W Power supply, save you money and find something else it isn't much better than Laptops in the $400 and below range..

LotusTeaDragon

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015

I upgraded the RAM from 6GB to 16GB, and I added a Zotac (Nvidia) GeForce GT 740. I run Elite: Dangerous on high settings, GTA V on high settings, Star Trek Online at max settings, GRID 2 on max settings, Sims 3 on highest settings, all at 1920x1080 resolution.

The upgrades cost me about $90. So for roughly $600, I have a mid-range gaming PC that performs very well. My next upgrade will be the power supply, because it only comes with 180 watt PS, I know I'm really pushing the envelope on power consumption. I'm looking at a 480 Watt that should cost me about $40. So yes, this system is upgradeable, and when you factor in the upgrades, the price is still reasonable. Considering that it comes with everything you need to go right out of the box (the 23" monitor is gorgeous), if you don't want to build your own, then this is a very good deal.

Pekingese

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015

I already ordered another computer, {It shipped on the day you replied as a matter of fact} but thank you for your amazing input!