hp pavilion dv7-6b78us entertainment pc

trinh27

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
My laptop screen went black after start window. So i run hard drive test. It pass the short test but get an error disk 1 full (305) for long test. So I replace the hard drive. Run recovery from the recovery disk. Noe everytime i boot up my laptop it keep running at the start window. It won't go pass that. It keep staying at the start window. Please help!

Solution
Try safe mode first - this loads limited drivers and you may be able to fix the problem(s). Check the device manager and drivers here.

If you can't figure out the driver "spaghetti" - then try "Last known good configuration" - this will reset windows to the last known good boot in Windows (not safe mode).

trinh27

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I forgot to mention. I got window recovery error. It said: window failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fit the problem: 1. Insert your window installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your language settings, and then click "next". 3. Click "repair your computer"
Other options: If power was interrupted during startup, choose start window normally (use the arrow keys to hightlight your choice.)
Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Last known good configuration (advance).
If i do nothing my computer will automatically start up to start window and it go back to the window error recovery screen again. Thanks

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Try safe mode first - this loads limited drivers and you may be able to fix the problem(s). Check the device manager and drivers here.

If you can't figure out the driver "spaghetti" - then try "Last known good configuration" - this will reset windows to the last known good boot in Windows (not safe mode).

Solution

trinh27

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014