Solved! HP Pavilion Monitors - Dual Setup built in speakers

Jun 23, 2020
Hi, I've just purchased 2 of the above monitors which have built in speakers, but I can only get sound out of one of them. I've looked online and seen about Virtual Audio Cable, and people saying it's easy with hdmi ports on the monitors, which there are. I have each HDMI cable going from the respective monitor to the pc, is this right? Hoping there's an easy fix!

Solution
If you want to use the monitors as an extended desktop (which would be the most common way to use them) then you can't get both sets of speakers to work if you can't get both HDMI as your audio device.
If you wanted to mirror them then you could use an HDMI 1-2 distribution amp to split a single HDMI output and send it to both monitors.
Can you set both HDMI outputs as your audio device at the same time? Try it.
If not then Virtual Audio Cable may let you do that. Try these too.
https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I can't see a way to set both HDMI outputs at the same time, it's one or the other. Same with chevolume, the mixer is showing both monitors/speakers, but I can only choose one at a time. Do I need any other cables? I've literally got two HDMI's, one from each monitor to it's own hdmi port on the pc.

If you want to use the monitors as an extended desktop (which would be the most common way to use them) then you can't get both sets of speakers to work if you can't get both HDMI as your audio device.
If you wanted to mirror them then you could use an HDMI 1-2 distribution amp to split a single HDMI output and send it to both monitors.

Solution